Why Encapsulate your placenta?
Placentophagy (Ingestion of the placenta after childbirth) has been around for thousands of years. The placenta is gently steamed with warming herbs lemon, ginger and hot pepper. It is then dehydrated, powdered and encapsulated (see other options below).
Benefits of Placentophagy
- Increase milk supply
- Decreased Postpartum Bleeding
- Enhances mood
- Decreases chance of getting postpartum depression
- Increased Iron Levels
- Balances Hormones
- Regulates Sleep patterns
- Helps speed up recovery
- Placenta Encapsulation: The placenta is gently steamed with warming TCM herbs lemon, ginger and hot pepper. It is then dehydrated, powdered and encapsulated.
- Raw Placenta Cubes: The placenta is cut up into cubes and then placed in the freezer to use in smoothies.
- Placenta Tincture: A tincture is made by placing a small piece of the raw placenta in high grade alcohol and left to macerate for several weeks.
Please Contact Us for prices, scheduling and more information!
Kelley is a DONA trained Doula and a student of Master Herbalism. She has taken many courses regarding pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, natural health, & herbs and their usage. She is always continuing her education, through books, courses, webinars, and conventions and uses evidence based facts to help people help their bodies and trust their own bodies to heal themselves.